Friday, May 24, 2013

Reflection of the whole Cultural Diversity Course



In this class I learnt so many things that I did not know about it before such as glossary, Assimilation & Acculturation, Multiculturalism, Discrimination, isms and many different things. I really enjoyed the whole subjects because every time I learn a new things, but the most enjoyable moment was when we made the film as a group about UAE culture we had so much fun and we became more together as friends because it was the first time for us going out together and we laughed while we recording the film about our mistakes. For sure I had some difficult moment in this class for example at the first day of the class I was so confused because it was the first time ever for me studying about culture diversity and I thought it will be the hardest class in this semester, while the most difficult thing was the presentation I really do not like it but I have no choice and I have to do it, after I did it I felt so happy because it was not that difficult as what I thought before I hope if we had assignment as a group to choice a country out of the Arabic gulf and talk about it for example the culture of this country and do it as presentation and I think the class will be more interesting if we have an assignment that we have to go to some countries club in Abu Dhabi for example there is a Sudanese Social Club in Abu Dhabi where all Sudanese meet and we have to go there and ask them about different thing about them clothes, food, culture and different thing it will be more helpful for us and I think a lot of students will like the idea. In this course I learnt many helpful thing like knowing about other cultures, and how to respect them, types of isms and how to avoid them and other things. It is good to take subject that related to our country and our personal situation because it was easy for us to search, talk and give examples about it but we have to learn about other counties also to be more aware when we meet people from different counties. It little bit difficult to search about some information in UAE because the media do not mention everything. In general the course was really helpful and valuable for us because we learnt many things that we did not know about it before and for me most of these things was new things, because I was not interesting about culture diversity at all I thought it waste my time while now I’m very interesting in really glad that I took this class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment